Caldwell Series 40 Spiromite 3/8" Spiral Window Balance for Non Tilt WindowsSKU:
To Select the Correct Non-Tilt Spiral Window Balance:
- First, measure the length of the metal tube. Measure the metal tube only, do not include the colored coupling or spiral rod. That is your balance length. Check out our guide on measuring spiral window balances for more info on how to measure your balances properly.
- Next, take a look at the color of the coupling on the tip of your balance. The color of the coupling indicates the weight capacity of the balance. Select the matching coupling color in the second dropdown menu. If you do not have a coupling or cannot determine the color, you will need to remove your sash and weigh it using a bathroom scale.
- These measurements are crucial to the performance of the balance. If your balance does not measure an exact length, or if you have an attachment on your spiral rod, contact us before you place your order.
- Balances are sold individually.
- The information is based on two balances per sash with no weatherstrip friction considered.
- AAMA Class 2 Verified Component.
- Weight capacities are listed per pair of balances in pounds.
- For optimal performance, we recommend replacing both balances at the same time.
- Select your options to see the final price.
- Don't have your balance in hand? Check out our blog on determining balance length without having the balance.
- Please Note: If your balance has a metal clip attachment on the spiral rod, please see our article on clip mount spiral balances and contact us.
View our guide on installing non-tilt spiral window balances.
Requires use of Spirex and Spiro-Mite Tensioning Tool
To learn more about our Series 40 Spiral Window Balances watch the videos below:
If the item you wish to purchase is out of stock or if you have questions about what part you need please Contact Us or Chat with us directly before you place your order.
For additonal products view our full PDF catalog or give us a call at 1-800-842-0974
Safari (iPhone, iPad, Mac) Users Please Note: There may be an issue adding your products to your cart. Please contact us if you experience an issue and we can place your order over the phone or try using Google Chrome to place your order.
We Also Recommend
Caldwell Series 150 Spirex 5/8" Heavy Duty Non Tilt Spiral Window Balance
Caldwell Series 200 Aluma-Tilt 5/8" Spiral Window Balance for Tilt Windows
Caldwell Series 250 Aluma-Tilt Heavy Duty 5/8" Spiral Window Balance for Tilt Windows